Maple Garage Beaver Rally 2004 Final Instructions
Thank you for your entry, which we confirm has been accepted. Your start number is shown on the attached entry list, and your start time from Maple Garage will be 00:00 hours plus your start number.
- START PROCEDURE
- Proceed to the sound test at 107/20703575. Approach from the west at 21:00 hours plus your start number. The sound test will NOT open until this time. The Environmental Scrutineer will provide you with a scrutineering sheet and damage declaration form at the sound test.
- After successfully passing the sound test, proceed to Maple Garage, Sproatley at 107/20353500 for petrol, Scrutineering and documentation. Please follow the diagram at the end of this document and any marshals' instructions. You will require your Scrutineering sheet and damage declaration form. This will enable the scrutineer to mark any damage at the start of the event. Note that you will require your MOT certificate if applicable.
Maple Garage accept the following cards:- MasterCard: Visa: Switch/Delta as well as cash and cheques.
- Upon obtaining the Scrutineers' approval, please park on the forecourt and proceed to documentation in the showroom of Maple Garage taking with you the following:
- Completed Scrutineering card
- Competition licences for both driver and navigator (or application forms)
- Valid club membership cards
- After signing on, you will be issued with your rally pack. (Numbers will be in your pack.)
- If anyone requires their competition licence signing, please leave it at signing on, accompanied by a stamped addressed envelope or alternatively you can get this signed at the finish once the results have been declared final.
- Please ensure you sign any championship registration forms as you sign on.
- COMPETITORS ARE REMINDED OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Cars competing in rallies other than special stage rallies may not carry a radio-transmitting device (K12.11). Mobile phones may be carried for use in an emergency only.
- In standard and regularity sections, you must stop before entering any road protectedby a give way sign or any junction designated in the route instructions. In neutral or transport sections, the RLO approval has been given for you to treat these junctions in accordance with the Highway Code.
Please refer to the regulations for the types of controls used on the event.
Competitors are reminded that the onus of ensuring that they receive the correct time rests with them (K16.5 and K17.5 refers). This means you should ensure that marshals write the time on your card VERY CLEARLY AND LEGIBLY. The results team interpretation might be different to yours!
- ROUTE CHECKS
Route checks will be in the form of car registration plates with not more than 5 black numbers or 5 black letters or a combination of both upto a maximum of 7, which are to be written your time cards. The time cards will indicate how many route checks there are on each section. A maximum of 2 wrong characters will be allowed without penalty providing it resembles the original code. Route checks may be on each grass triangle indicated in the route handouts. Route checks will also be placed off route, so make sure that you read the route instructions carefully. Recording a route check that is off route will be penalised as K.18(d)
- QUIET ZONES
All neutral and regularity sections from the Intermediate control will be designated a Quiet Zone. These will have a QUIET board at the start of the zone and an OK board at the end. The organisers may also place a quiet zone in a competitive section if deemed necessary to maintain public relations.
You are reminded that the police may observe the event and may use speed guns. PLEASE TAKE NOTE. Last year we had no convictions and I would like to keep it that way for future years.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS
During the course of our public relations work the following points have been raised numerous times:
- Damage to crops/hedges without notification: damage is caused to crops by cars leaving the road and travelling across what might seem to be ploughed fields. Any competitor found to be travelling across agricultural land by a marshal, judge of fact or an official and not notifying the organisers will be excluded from the event.
- Competitor attitude: for example not dipping headlights, not making room for other road users, making excessive noise, not reporting damage, etc.
- PRESENTATION OF AWARDS
The presentation of the awards will be held after the event at the finish venue assuming the results have been declared final.
The petrol halt also accepts the same methods of payment for goods as Maple Garage.
- AMENDMENTS TO ASRs
The start will be at the end of the car park near the private house
Chris Walker has replaced Howard Everingham as a Club Steward
- REGULARITY SECTIONS
- RTC. If you arrive early at these controls you may wait for your time without penalty. You must not make up any time at this control.
- IRTCS. These are secret controls where you will be timed to the second. If you are early you may wait at the control without penalty. You are not allowed to make up any time at this control.
- All other penalties will apply as per the regulations.
For those with Internet access, the results will be posted on our web site during the event, starting after the petrol halt. Our web address is www.bdmc.org.uk
The organisers trust that you will have an enjoyable night's sport and wish you all GOOD LUCK.
Should you require any further details, please do not hesitate to contact us.