Maple Garage Beaver Rally 2012 Final Instructions
Thank you for your entry, which we confirm has been accepted. Your start number is shown on the entry list, and your start time from The Dalby Forest Visitor Centre will be 23:30 hours plus your start number in minutes.
Fuel is available at Middleton Service Station, west of Pickering on the A170, map reference 100/785850. Fuel is also available in Pickering at other Fuel Stations.
- START PROCEDURE
- Proceed to the sound test at Thornton Road Industrial Estate, Pickering (100/808831). Approach from the A170 at 19:30 hours plus your start number. The sound test will NOT open until this time. The Environmental Scrutineer will provide you with a scrutineering sheet and damage declaration form at the sound test.
- After successfully passing the sound test, proceed to Scrutineering at S.M. Autocarem also at Thornton Road Industrial Estate, Pickering at 100/811830. Please follow the diagram at the end of this document and any marshals' instructions. You will require your Scrutineering sheet and damage declaration form. This will enable the scrutineer to mark any damage at the start of the event. Note that you will require your MOT certificate if applicable.
- Upon obtaining the Scrutineers' approval, please proceed to documentation at the Dalby Forest Visitor Centre, via the Forest Drive. Map Reference 100/855878. Please be very quiet through Thornton-le-Dale (Grid Square 8383) and past Low Dalby (Grid Square 8567). Ensure you have with you,
- Completed Scrutineering card
- Competition licences for both driver and navigator (or application forms)
- Valid club membership cards
- After signing on, you will be issued with your rally pack. (Rally Plates will be in your pack.) The Dalby Forest Visitor Centre Cafe has opened specially for your use at the top of the stairs. Please grace them with your custom as they may be reluctant to open for us in future years. Please do not overcrowd the shop and downstairs area after completing signing on. Thank you.
- If anyone requires their competition licence signing, please leave it at signing on, accompanied by a stamped addressed envelope or alternatively you can get this signed at the finish once the results have been declared final.
- Please ensure you sign any championship registration forms as you sign on.
- COMPETITORS ARE REMINDED OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Cars competing in rallies other than special stage rallies may not carry a radio-transmitting device (R 7.2.3). Mobile phones may be carried for use in an emergency only.
- In standard and regularity sections, you must stop before entering any road protected by a give way sign or any junction designated in the route instructions. In neutral or transport sections, the RLO approval has been given for you to treat these junctions in accordance with the Highway Code.
Please refer to the regulations for the types of controls used on the event.
Competitors are reminded that the onus of ensuring that they receive the correct time rests with them (R 11.1.4 refers). This means you should ensure that marshals write the time on your card VERY CLEARLY AND LEGIBLY. The results team interpretation might be different to yours!
- ROUTE CHECKS
Route checks will be in the form of car registration plates with not more than 5 black numbers or 5 black letters or a combination of both upto a maximum of 7, which are to be written on your time cards. The time cards will indicate how many route checks there are on each section. A maximum of 2 wrong characters will be allowed without penalty providing it resembles the original code.
- QUIET ZONES
All neutral and regularity sections from the Intermediate control will be designated a Quiet Zone. These will have a QUIET board at the start of the zone and an OK board at the end. The organisers may also place a quiet zone in a competitive section if deemed necessary to maintain public relations. Some particular PR sensitive areas will require you to be extra quiet and may be manned by a Driving Standards Observer and have a DSO board situated with the Quiet Board.
You are reminded that the police may observe the event and may use speed guns. PLEASE TAKE NOTE. Last year we had no convictions and I would like to keep it that way for future years.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS
During the course of our public relations work the following points have been raised numerous times:
- Damage to crops/hedges without notification: damage is caused to crops by cars leaving the road and travelling across what might seem to be ploughed fields. Any competitor found to be travelling across agricultural land by a marshal, judge of fact or an official and not notifying the organisers will be excluded from the event.
- Competitor attitude: for example not dipping headlights, not making room for other road users, making excessive noise, not reporting damage, etc.
- PRESENTATION OF AWARDS
The presentation of the awards will be held after the event at the finish venue assuming the results have been declared final.
The petrol halt also accepts the usual methods of payment.
- REGULARITY SECTIONS
There will be no Regularity Sections
- AMENDMENT TO REGULATIONS
The event is not a round of the KLMC-TNC Road Rally Championship.
The regulations were originally issued as a Navigational Rally, and have subsequently changed to a Road Rally. All competitors who entered the event before the regulations were amended have been advised, but to avoid any doubt all amendments have been marked in brown italic. Only those regulations which carry the permit number are valid.
For those with Internet access, the results will be posted on our web site during the event, starting after the first petrol halt. Our web address is www.bdmc.org.uk. Note that as there is no phone signal in the Dalby Forest Visitor Centre, it may not be possible to put the results onto the website from there. In this case, they will be uploaded immediately a phone signal is located.
The organisers trust that you will have an enjoyable night's sport and wish you all GOOD LUCK.
Should you require any further details, please do not hesitate to contact us.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE DALBY FOREST VISITOR CENTRE WILL BE CLOSING AT 23.30 AS CAR 0 IS DUE TO DEPART MTC 1.
PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY BACK TO YOUR CARS AT THIS TIME AND PREPARE TO LEAVE.
PLEASE BE EXTREMELY QUIET AND DRIVE SLOWLY PAST LOW DALBY VILLAGE ON THE FOREST DRIVE.
DO NOT ENTER LOW DALBY VILLAGE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.